Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blast from the Past

Hey guys, I am creating a Companion Flickr Page to go with the Blog.  So the pics can be higher quality, and I will post more of the prep pics. etc. to it.  Hopefully, also get my photostream on my page to be my photos, instead of random food photos from Flickr.

flickr.com/photos/dannychef

Eggplant Burgers-  I came up with this when I was at a low period of my life.  I had just graduated college, working full time, and couldn't pay my bills or buy groceries.  I ate a lot of veggies that our patients would bring to my office.  I strip peeled the eggplant, grilled in in a broiling pan in my oven, basted it with sun dried tomato pesto, and melted pepperjack cheese on top.  They turned out really great and were Delish.

Shrimp Quiche-  I have only made this twice.  The pic in the gallery I believe was the traditional pastry crust.  The first time I made it, I actually made it with a cornbread crust.  The sweetness of the cornbread was a great addition to the sweet shrimp and carrots.  I stuck to the traditional filling for Quiche, spinach, carrots, eggs, milk, and lots of cheese.  Dr. McElhaney and the UMobile School Nursing Staff, really got a kick out of this combination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment